PII (personally identifiable information) Includes:
- Postal Addresses
- Birth Dates
- Email Addresses
- Social Security Numbers
- Passport Numbers
- Drivers Licence Numbers
- Credit Card details
- Telephone Numbers
- Login details
- IP and MAC addresses
Our tool called Savannah has the ability to find Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and report (aids the DPO in assessing the risk).
The Redact Module has the ability to redact previously found PII and Report (protect the data subject).
Two of the most time consuming tasks for any GDPR compliance project are uncovering the locations of business dark data, and mapping known data locations.
Our server based tool Savannah can, and will, save many work hours by shedding light in to the dark corners of business networks and cataloguing the data you knew about.
Also more importantly, it can spot-light forgotten or misplaced information, identify copies kept just in case, and find data that should have been removed long ago (which may be being kept unlawfully)
- Enable users of systems to view the Savannah report support for special category data
- Provides a Heuristic level (NLP) analysis of supported file formats
- Fully multi threaded window based system.
- Quick search enables clients to perform a quick search of known locations
- Option of an emailed Savannah report containing number of PII items found, the source of the file contents to PII details found (enabling clients to determine what to redact)
- JSON interface for IAR creation
- Accurate reporting, time and date stamped reports which are audit-able.
Sniffer analyses supported file formats to find PII, focusing on finding information contained within the following:
- Microsoft Access Database
- MS Sql Server/ MySQL
- MS Word Image Files
- Oracle databases
Our Redact tool gives you the ability to redact previously found PII and provides reports.
Utilises Savannah NLP engine to speed up searching for dataBelow outlines the solution at a glance:
Aids storage minimisation by removing data that has been retained for too long
Ability to redact PII from supported file formats (same file formats and roadmap as Savannah)
Clients can select which items to redact or redact everything Savannah found
Clients can define the redaction text or use the default text (“REDACTED”) for compliance suggest the data redacted and operator identifier
Email Reports to clients
Structured email containing the Redaction Report
Number of PII items redacted
Ability to save an encrypted version of the source file (un-redacted) prior to redaction
Access-controlled redaction to prevent unauthorised redaction
Ability to undo redaction
Ability to redact Special Category Data
JSON Interface to GDPR Shepherd of similar
Enable clients of GDPR Shepherd to view the Redaction Report
Annual or timed redaction (accountancy documentation for example HMRC)